"Hanceville Nursing and Rehab Center leads state in nursing home staff vaccinations"
Follow this link to view the August 13, 2021 WBRC news report. https://www.wbrc.com/2021/08/13/hanceville-nursing-rehab-center-leads-state-nursing-home-staff-vaccinations/
"Hanceville Nursing and Rehab Center's staff vaccination rates puts them at the top in the region"
Follow this link to view the October 23, 2021 WVTM 13 news report. https://www.wvtm13.com/article/a-fourth-of-area-nursing-homes-have-vaccinated-90-of-residents/37954615#
This page is intended to keep Residents, Family and Friends informed of COVID-19 updates here at Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center. This page will be updated as needed.
December 27, 2021
New hospital admissions have recently tested positive for Covid-19 within the facility. The positive residents are quarantined on a separate unit. We will be communicating directly with those families with updates. Indoor visitation can continue but visitors must wear their mask and socially distance at all times.
The omicron variant is new and easily transmissible. Even if your loved one has had both of their shots, without the booster the two shots only provide 30% protection against the Omicron variant. With the booster, their protection level raises to 75%. We highly encourage all of our residents and staff to receive the booster to help fight this virus.
Again, indoor and outdoor visitation is available to all of our residents. While appointments are not required for visitation, they are appreciated.
We test Employees and Residents based off of Cullman County's positivity rate, per CDC and CMS guidelines. If a Resident receives a positive result, the Resident representative will be notified.
Sponsors who do take Residents out of the facility ,will be required to fill out a Sponsor consent form before departure.
Please be advised by the following:
Visitors must do the following to ensure resident and facility safety:
- Participate and pass COVID-19 screening and temperature check-
- failure to pass temperature check or COVID-19 screening will result in denial of entry into the facility
- Comply with facility-provided COVID-19 visitor testing policy.
- Bring appropriate PPE, i.e., face covering. The facility may supply you with a face covering if they deem your face covering is not sufficient.
- Acknowledge understanding of the facility's visitation and infection prevention and control policies-failure to abide by these policies will result in removal from the facility or denial of access;
- Properly wear face covering during the entirety of the visit;
- Preform proper hand hygiene prior to visit and after visit;
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet with staff and residents during the entirety of the visit-failure to abide by these policies will result in removal from the facility or denial of access;
- Follow facility directional and other facility signage at all times;
- Notify the facility if you develop symptoms within 14 days of visit.
Visitors who do not follow indoor visitation criteria and facility policies may have the privilege of indoor visitation revoked.
Please monitor the website for any updates. We would also like to Thank all our Families who continue to encourage and support this facility.
Thank You for being apart of our HNRC family.