This page is intended to keep Residents, Family and Friends informed of COVID-19 updates here at Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center. This page will be updated as needed.
September 30, 2020
Effective October 1, 2020 we will be allowing indoor visitation with restrictions. Visitors must do the following to ensure resident and facility safety:
- Participate and pass COVID-19 screening and temperature check-failure to pass temperature check or COVID-19 screening will result in denial of entry into the facility;
- Comply with facility-provided COVID-19 visitor testing policy.
- Bring appropriate PPE, i.e., face covering. The facility may supply you with a face covering if they deem your face covering is not sufficient.
- Acknowledge understanding of the facility’s visitation and infection prevention and control policies-failure to abide by these policies will result in removal from the facility or denial of access;
- Properly wear face covering during the entirety of the visit;
- Preform proper hand hygiene prior to visit and after visit;
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet with staff and residents during the entirety of the visit-failure to abide by these policies will result in removal from the facility or denial of access;
- Limit movement while in facility;
- Follow facility directional and other facility signage at all times;
- Notify the facility if you develop symptoms within 14 days of visit.
Visitors who do not follow indoor visitation criteria and facility policies may have the privilege of indoor visitation revoked.
Pursuant to CMS policy, some residents, due to health reasons, are only able to receive visits that are virtual or through windows until their health condition meets the guidelines for in-person visitation.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- By Appointment only
- 1 Visitor per Resident
- 25 minute visit per resident
- Visits will take place in a designated visiting area.
All outdoor visits must be scheduled through Alyssa Aikens, Social Services Director. You may make appointments by calling 256-352-6481 Ext. 138 If no answer, please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned in the order it was received.
For all indoor visits, please contact the Nurse on the hall that your loved one is located. Please see the following:
- Magnolia Residents-Contact Linda Taylor R.N. 256-352-6481 Ext. 135
- Gardenway, Moody Long-Term & Ivy Residents- Kattie Arnold R.N. 256-352-6481 Ext. 131
- Honey-Suckley & Harmony Hill Residents- Sarah Yates R.N. 256-352-6481 Ext. 116
We are proud to announce that Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center has been 60 days and counting, with no COVID in the Building. We are very Thankful for our staff who have worked so hard to make that possible. We would also like to Thank all our Families who continue to encourage and support this facility.
Thank You for being apart of our HNRC family.